The Lab @ Silver Eye is the only open workspace in the region where experienced artists can access museum quality printing, scanning, and print finishing equipment for affordable DIY use. Artists can rely on professionally maintained and calibrated equipment, a clean organized work environment, friendly knowledgeable staff, and unique professional development opportunities for photo based artists.
Experienced artists in need a professional production space for DIY scanning, printing, and print finishing can access the Lab @ Silver Eye by reservation or during regular Lab @ Silver Eye hours. Lab Members must be certified by Silver Eye staff for DIY use of all equipment.
LAB MEMBERSHIP PlANS
Student Access $75/yr
- Includes ‘Lab Access’ membership at reduced rate with valid student ID or instructor permission
Lab Membership $300/yr or $30/monthly
Benefits Includes Silver Eye membership, plus:
- DIY Access to Lab @ SE during open lab hours
- Photo editing and retouching suites featuring Adobe Photoshop CC, Lightroom, and Indesign
- Flextight X1, Epson V850 Pro scanning stations
- Epson P7000 24” Printing Station
- Epson 9900 44” Printing Station
- Online booking of work stations
- Discounted Service Printing
- Invitations to Lab community events
- On-site technical support
DIY LAB USAGE RATES
DIY Access is available for members only. If you would like to open a membership application please click here. Members can reserve 1 of 4 workstations for printing, editing, or scanning. Each workstation is available by the hour and reservations can be made online in 2 hour blocks.
Scanning Suite A: Flextight x1 $10/hr
Scanning Suite B: Epson Flatbed Scanner V850 Pro $5/hr
Printing Suite A: Epson P7000 24” Printer $5/hr +DIY Paper/Ink Fee
Printing Suite B: Epson 9900 44 Printer (coming soon!) $5/hr + DIY Paper/Ink Fee
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Lab @ Silver Eye is generously supported by The Jack Buncher Foundation, The Fine Foundation, and the PNC Charitable Trust Committee.